Enion Venture Partners SGEIC SA is strongly committed to protecting your Personal Data. Enion Venture Partners SGEIC SA handles your Personal Data in accordance with the applicable privacy and data protection laws and regulations, including Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (GDPR).
How do we collect information about you?
When we communicate with you, we may collect information about you. This includes you uploading content to our websites, filling in application forms and providing information and documents requested by us. We may collect your Personal Data, such as your name, job title, company name and contact details, either directly from you or by combining collected information.
It is our policy to collect only minimum Personal Data about you.
How do we use your Personal Data?
- to administer and execute (future) contractual obligations vis-à-vis each other;
- to develop our businesses and services;
- to monitor and enforce compliance with our terms, including acceptable use policies;
- we compile statistical information form the Personal Data, on an anonymous basis; and/or
- other purposes for which you provided the information.
We do not collect or compile Personal Data for sale to non- Enion Venture Partners SGEIC SA parties or for consumer marketing purposes.
We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Pictures or movies
With respect to pictures or movies being taken or shot during our events in which you are participating, and in which you would be easily recognizable, you shall always remains free not to participate in a photograph or in a movie, on the spot. Should you participate in a photograph or movie in which you are easily recognizable, or provide a photograph or movie to us yourselves, you hereby explicitly and unequivocally agree to the royalty free use of your photographs and movie image by us for promotional purposes and, for that purpose, waive the right to invoke any and all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to portrait rights, against us, as regards to any photograph or movie image that was submitted by you to us, and/or made of you by us or on our behalf.
Lawful grounds for processing Personal data
We rely on one or more of the following conditions for processing your Personal Data:
- our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of information and services to you and in the effective and lawful operation of our businesses (provided these are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms);
- to satisfy any legal and regulatory obligations to which we are subject;
- to perform our obligations under a contract with you, or to take steps at your request to enter into a contract with you;
- such processing is necessary to protect your vital interests; or
- (only) where no other condition for processing is available; you have consented to the processing.
Security of Personal Data
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Only authorized persons and staff of Enion Venture Partners SGEIC SA have access to your Personal Data; such individuals are legally bound to maintain the confidentiality of this information.
Although we use appropriate security measures, transmission of data over the internet (including e-mail) is never completely secure. We endeavor to provide maximum security while transferring your Personal Data, but we cannot guarantee the full security of Personal Data transmitted to or by us.
How do we transfer and store your Personal Data?
Transfers of Personal Data
We may transfer and store your Personal Data outside the country where you are located. This includes countries outside the European Union and European Economic Area (EU/EEA) and countries that do not have laws that provide adequate protection for personal data.
The transfer of your personal data outside the EU/EEA will only take place:
- if the recipient is in a country (or a specified sector within a country – e.g. an organization under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield) that the European Commission recognizes as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal data.
- under safeguards meeting the requirements of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for transfers of personal data outside the EU/EEA.
- any other lawful ground for the transfer of the Personal Data.
Processing locations and transfers to third party service providers
We may also transfer your Personal Data to service providers (third party service providers) to process it on Enion Venture Partners SGEIC SA’s behalf. When we transfer your Personal Data, we do so for the purposes listed above, for the administration and maintenance of our systems, and/or other internal or administrative purposes.
We may also disclose your Personal Data to law enforcement, regulatory and other government agencies and to professional bodies and other third parties, as required by and/or in accordance with applicable law or regulation. This includes disclosures outside the country where you are located. Enion Venture Partners SGEIC SA may also review and use your Personal Data to determine whether disclosure is required or permitted.
How long will we keep your Personal Data?
We will retain your personal data on our systems only for as long as we need it, given the purposes for which it was collected, or as required to do so by law.
Rights in relation to your Personal Data
You may have certain rights under applicable (local) laws in relation to your Personal Data, such as:
- request a copy of Personal Data we hold about you;
- ask that we update the Personal Data we hold about you, correct or complete such Personal Data, or delete excessive Personal Data;
- ask that we (partially) delete, or restrict the way in which we use your Personal Data;
- object to our processing of your Personal Data; and/or
- withdraw your consent to future processing of your Personal Data (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for processing).
You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection regulator.